Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Big Girl Bike

Princess has outgrown her bike. It's the one with training wheels and where her knees come up to the handlebars when she pedals. It was definitely time to upgrade to a new bike, so I began the Craigslist search. I quickly found 3 bikes and Princess chose her favorite. Shockingly, she didn't choose the pink one. Purple is a close second favorite color . . . and the purple bike has a basket and "jewels" that make noise when you ride. It just doesn't get any cooler than that!
There's only one catch. Princess didn't know how to ride without training wheels. With her new bike, she was determined.

Armed with some great learning tools from my friend Pink and a tip from my friend Hydro (school parking lots are a perfect place to learn), Princess was ready to make it happen.

And she did!

WARNING! Turn down your volume! And the video is a little shaky because I was running.

6 comments:

  1. Way to go Princess! Love the purple bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool bike! And I LOVE the irony of Princess learning to ride her bike in a school parking lot. Hehehe. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even realize the irony. D'oh! Now that is funny!

      Delete
  3. I <3 that bike! It is cool! :) I know I love riding, currently can't because I need a new inner tube for my bike! :( I love the freedom of getting on a bike and going! :) I want a basket for my bike too so I can ride it to the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been on a bike in decades, Crystal. Sad, I know. :( Get yourself an inner tube and basket and get going! :)

      Delete