Monday, January 24, 2011

The Elements of Friendship



Have you heard of The Hub? It's a new network for kids and families. Princess has anticipated the start of a particular show, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. It is a weekly show that started with a two part cliffhanger.

Part 2 finally aired and we have watched it somewhere in the neighborhood of 1,000,000 times. Well . . . not really, probably closer to 12. While some may find this annoying, I'm not one of them. I love when Princess is passionate about something. Her passions, at this point in her life, wax and wane.

The message that Princess got from the show was that the elements of friendship are:

Honesty
Kindness
Laughter
Generosity
Loyalty
Magic

I think this is a pretty powerful and important message . . .  all from a silly TV show.

11 comments:

  1. SMT, I thought so... I'm amazed and what I find when I am open to finding it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I'm like Princess. When something is new to me and I like it, I will immerse myself in it until I'm totally satisfied. Some things just take longer for me to get bored with than others.

    :D

    Great lessons to be learning too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you like that too, Sheri?! I'm that way, so I guess Princess gets it from me.
    Then there are things that I continue forever...like the TV series, Friends. It's been over for ages, yet I still have it set to record all the reruns on my TiVo. ;P Sometimes I just need a good giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there's a lot of lessons in many tv shows/series. Especially when they get older. If they are willing to absorb a good lesson, I say GOOD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Freckles - I know! BLue-Eyed Boy is a very good friend to Princess. :) But then you knew that, too. ;-)

    Sheila, I knew you would see things that way. You're such a cool mom...even if you are a Browns fan. ;-P

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm crazy in love with the hub! We can watch "Family Ties" and "The Wonder Years" there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those shows BFM!!! So far I haven't gotten Princess to watch anything other than My Little Pony. One day...

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting!! I love new visitors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think people are too quick to chuck out TV as being bad/evil/no way good.But there is so much that children (and adults) can get from tv.We watch more dvd's then tv here but its the same.interests are sparked, children can be shown the value of friendship and so very much more.TV can be a great thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are very much on the same page, aren't we Jessica! :-) I love when conversation and investigation emerges from our many resources. It always amazes me.

    ReplyDelete