I don't like New Years resolutions. I never really have. I think I made some last year because...well, I'm not sure why. Don't ask me what they were, I forget things. This year I have some goals I want to accomplish. We are unschoolers and we are always learning. I want to be the example for Princess that learning never stops, even when you're an adult. She has seen me learn to knit, something I wanted to do for years. There hasn't been anything else "big" since then.
This year, I am ready! I have 3 goals for the new year.
- Learn how to use my camera to its fullest ability and take better pictures. I have this really nice camera and no clue how it really works. It is time to figure it out. I found some help here and here. I've already started playing around with some settings and (gasp) reading my manual. I was thinking of buying photo editing software, but my awesome photographer friends recommended Picnik for FREE photo editing. How cool is that?!
- Learn how to sew. This is something I've wanted to do for a long time...decades really. It is time. I have a sewing machine that needs to be cleaned and serviced. That's not in the budget so I need to figure out how to have this done for free or trade or learn how to do it myself. Any locals who can help me with that? RasJane? =)
- Start doing this weekly workout. I figure I can find 30 minutes a week for a workout...maybe even twice a week at some point. I have got to do something to help my back. I also want to be a better example for Princess. Yeah, I know, this one borders on resolution, right?
- Learn to sew! What a perfect goal for us to work on together.
- Learn to knit. Well, I can help with that!
Finally, the Lizard King. What are his goals for 2011?
LK plans to achieve a dream he has had for most of his life. He plans to build a Harley and he's got the engine already. I am really excited for him to finally realize this dream. His abilities always amaze me. I will be sure to post pictures as he progresses.
So there you go...the royal goals for 2011. How about you? What are your goals? Or do you have resolutions? Please share!
Happy New Year!!!