Thursday, December 30, 2010

You want me to go where?

Did you notice the new button to the left? If you click it, it will take you to Living and Learning blog hosted by my bloggy friend Sherry. She isn't an unschooler, but more eclectic. Click the button to check out her photos. Here is what she has to say about Nature Connections:

I've decided to host a new link collection beginning in January--Nature Connections.  
At the end of each month we would each post/link our favorite photo(s) taken during that month of our children interacting with nature.  The purpose would be to encourage all of us to get outdoors more. 
What do you think?  Would you participate?

If so, share this post with your friends & get excited!  
Go outside and snap some pictures while you're out there.
The January 2011 edition of Nature Connections will be ready for your links on January 31.
Feel free to grab a button.
I can't wait to see all your children enjoying the great outdoors!


Uhm....I am so NOT an outdoor girl. I'm perfectly happy with a big picture window and a lovely view of the outside. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a day in the park or a day at the beach as much as the next girl.


I've just never been a big outdoor girl. My first camping experience was a year and a half ago and that was in a yurt. For me, that was roughing it. I think that pretty much says it all.

I so wanted more outdoor experiences for Princess. Sadly, I haven't delivered. She was an outdoor girl when she was very young. We would walk for hours and hours...still she would cry when we finally went inside. More recently she has developed a fear of bees and the like, which minimizes her outdoor time. I would love to find the joy in outdoor time. My hope is that by getting out once a month (maybe even more?) we will find the joy.

Sounds like fun, right?! Even for this indoor girl. Won't you join me?

6 comments:

  1. Thanks, Sherry...I'll definitely give it a go. After sharing this post on Facebook, a local friend invited us to go here next week: http://www.fws.gov/tualatinriver/recreation.html

    It looks pretty cool. I asked Chloe and she said "sure". Hopefully the weather will cooperate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this idea...sounds like fun. Not sure if Daughter would be on board though, she's kind of a homebody - I'll definitely ask her though. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheri, this is a hard one for us...but I think I can make this happen. Like Sherry said...baby steps. ;)

    ReplyDelete