Thursday, December 20, 2012

Conversations


I was trying on an old skirt a while back, hoping it would fit. When I realized that it was falling way too low on the hips, I sighed and said something about it being too big.

Princess: Well that's good, Mommy. That way it will fit you for a while.
Me: Uhm, no honey, I'm not growing.
Princess: You're not?
Me: Actually, I'm shrinking. (She hasn't noticed any weight loss at all.)
Princess, with a look of shock and confusion: You're shrinking?!
Me with hand motions: I'm not shrinking this way (motioning vertically), I'm shrinking this way (motioning horizontally).
Princess, with a look of relief: Oh! Well, that's good.

I just love these conversations!

2 comments:

  1. Hehe, too cute. Has she ever seen the Incredible Shrinking Woman with Lily Tomlin?

    I could see how a comment about shrinking might disconcert her a bit.

    :D

    P.S. I'm jealous.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! No, she hasn't seen that movie. But she has seen "Honey I Shrunk the Kids".

      Delete