Thursday, November 10, 2011

First Friday

One of our family traditions is going to First Friday at My Masterpiece Art Studio. We went last month and Princess painted a jack-o-lantern.





We went again this past Friday. The project this time was a bowl to glaze or make out of clay. The Lizard King decided that he wanted to get in on the fun. In typical Lizard King fashion, he made a footed bowl . . . with feet. He is such a silly boy! Check it out.



Princess decided to make another snowman menorah instead of a bowl. This one will go to her Aunt in Florida who lost her menorah during a move. I planned to buy her one, but LK suggested that Princess make one and Princess thought that was a fabulous idea.


We also had to take Princess' original snowman menorah to the clay hospital to be repaired. I had broken the snowman while cleaning all the wax off last year. Here it is all bandaged up while the glue dries.






Here LK is making the feet.







As always, it was a fun time. Until next First Friday . . .

8 comments:

  1. I love it! That looks like a blast. Something my dad always wanted to do but couldn't find enough people interested to start it up was have a shop where people could come and build with clay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like fun. I love the foot bowl :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay! That all looks like it was such fun. Love the pics of LK watching Princess work. He's such a Daddy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool place to hang out, and that is a fabulous glaze on the pumpkin! Love the fact that hubby can have a glass of wine while watching :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is so cool! I've always wanted to go to one of those places yet never have. Beautiful menorah!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love princesses menorah, i think her aunty will be delighted with it too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to meet you. I found you at Sheila's blog, Zen-Sational Living. I love the energy here. Your family is very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello everyone! Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting. : ) I'm so glad you're all sticking with me and my sporadic posting. And welcome to Angela. It's nice to meet you, too!

    MMAS is a wonderful place to do art. We are looking forward to returning to glaze our fired items.

    Until next time . . .

    ReplyDelete