I've missed quite a few of these, I know. The thing is, I'm finding it a little challenging to post updates about this weekly. So, (hopefully with Cate's blessing) I will post monthly updates. What do you say, Cate?
If you want the lowdown on Project 2011, click the button over there on the left.
How about a little goal reminder!
1. Learn how to use my camera to its fullest ability and take better pictures.
2. Learn how to sew.
3. Do the Slow Burn workout weekly.
Then I added another goal.
4. Spend more family time outdoors, exploring nature.
Princess had two goals, learn to sew and learn to knit. At this point I think these goals have gone away. Her new goal? Learn to ride a horse. This is something we hope to make come true this summer.
The Lizard King, well, he is building a Harley. At the moment, he is gathering parts. He fits this in between all the other things he does around here. His list consists of doing our taxes, building garden beds and building our deck. Yeah, he's a busy guy.
You can get all the goal details here if you want to know more.
Now, on to my update!
1. I have signed up for a digital photography class at our local community college. I am super excited about this! I have learned some on my own, but I hope to learn a lot more (and really think I will) from a class.
2. I dropped off my sewing machine at a sewing store for a tune up. I hope to have the fabric for Princess' nightgown cut and ready to sew by the time I have the machine back. Hope . . .
3. I missed my workout for 2 weeks. The first because we were in Disney World and the second because we were recovering from Disney World. I am back on track and last week decided to join a gym for a more effective Slow Burn workout. I did my first gym workout. Wow! It rocked! Oh...and I've lost over 14 pounds living the Paleo lifestyle. Yeah, that rocks, too. I also signed up to do a 10K walk in April. I have not done a thing with the Tai Chi DVDs I mentioned a while back. Oh well!
4. I don't know if you would describe it as nature, but we spent a lot of time outside exploring at Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Hollywood Studios. On our last day, we played with our friends at the hotel beach.
It's man-made . . . does that still count as nature?
Now head on over to Cate's Moments of Whimsey to check out all the Project 2011 participants!