Saturday, October 8, 2011

Yeah, I know . . .

I've been gone a really long time.

And this is going to be a really long post. I hope you'll read it.

At first it was time for contemplation about what my blog has become. I knew that I wanted to make a change. I want the blog to be about Princess and her unschooling journey, our unschooling journey with her. I still want it to be that. I've been thinking about backing away from the Gardening Monday, Wardrobe Wednesday, Project 2011 stuff and getting back to just us. (Sorry Aliceson and Cate! I still love you guys!!)

When I disappeared, it was also because our life had gotten crazy with the start of our classes at Village Home. I just needed a little time to adjust. Right? Time to figure out my balance. We'd been living in our house for over a year, yet it still looked like we hadn't completely moved in. The house was in constant chaos and we hadn't hung a picture or done any type of decorating. It was like we were still the transient renters who moved every year, so we didn't want to get too settled.

I felt like I was in chaos internally. I need order and when my home is in chaos, I feel overwhelmingly stressed. I had been feeling this way for a very long time and Princess was suffering because of it. Something had to change and it had to change immediately. So I organized and decorated. (I will post about that soon.) Now that things are organized, it is a constant (but much more minimal) effort to maintain order. My stress level has decreased significantly and I am so much happier. And Princess is happier.

Then an email came to my inbox.

You all know, or many of you do, about my Law of Attraction belief. I've been putting out there, for quite some time, my desire for a job. Not just any job, a work from home where I can set my own hours and feel passionate about job. And I didn't want to re-open my massage practice. I'm really quite done with massage. I didn't know how or where I was going to find this job, but truly, it was the only kind of job that would work for our family. The Lizard King works a lot to take care of us and I wanted to be able to contribute in a monetary way. It was my desire. LK was fine with the way things were. I wasn't. I wanted to help our family financially.

Then an email showed up in my inbox. It came from a Village Home member who had posted it to the community. "Part Time, Work From Home" Oh. My. Gosh. I needed more details. I emailed the sender and it turns out that she had me in mind when she posted the job, but didn't know if I was looking for something. Within a week I met the owner, was hired, trained and on the job.

I'm working for a wonderful, locally owned company called Cultures for Health. The owners are wonderful people and the products are incredible! I've been culturing my own foods for quite some time now, but they've got even more starters than I knew existed!

In my kitchen right now I've got sour cream, kombucha and water kefir (pictured below) as well as green beans that are fermenting. There are so many more things that I want to try!! It's an incredible cost savings over buying finished products in the grocery or health food store!


This is the most wonderful company and these are the most wonderful people I have ever worked for. It does take a lot of my time. I'm working 20 hours a week. That's a lot of my blogging time and Facebook time (yes, I've been noticeably absent from Facebook, too).

I do want to get back to blogging. Facebook, well, I'm not so sure. I've got a post I started ages ago that I will finish soon and I'll post the house update photos. I can't promise that I'll be doing a lot of blog reading though. I guess I'll have to be okay if you all decide not to read me. ; ) I do want to get back to blogging. I want Princess to have this to look back on.

I just need to find my groove, right? I can do this!

6 comments:

  1. I love it when opportunities present themselves in such a way. That looks like a wondrful company. Congrats. I've been experimenting with some fermentation and loving it so far. Kombucha is definitely next on my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I am glad to hear it is only a job and not the whole Pacific Ocean that swallowed you up! I have sure missed your blogs and your comments on my blog. :) I do know what its like trying to find a groove and a balance. Don't worry it will come. Check out blogs from time to time some of us miss ya. I have been considering what direction my blog has taken too and where I really want it to go. I still have not decided

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad you're back, less stressed and lovin' your new job. (I had no idea you used to have a massage practice.) Sounds like you are working toward a consistent balance that works for your whole family, that's no easy feat.

    No worries, I'll still come and read even if you don't have time to check out my blog. :P

    I'm going to go Google Kombucha, never heard of it but it sounds interesting.

    So great to read your update.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering where you ran off to... Congrats on the new job! Isn't it great when you can do something you love AND get paid for it?

    I have been reconsidering my commitment to blog as well, lately. I just don't have time anymore (or even the ambition most days) to complete all of the days of the week challenges, but I do love sharing photos and family stories. Maybe we all need a little change. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your support and understanding, ladies!!

    VerdeMama - I can't recommend kombucha enough. I so love it!! If you need a culture, be sure to check out the Cultures for Health website!

    Crystal - LOL Nope, the Pacific didn't get me. Interesting that you're reevaluating your blog, too!

    Sheri - You are very sweet, my bloggy friend. Thanks for reading me and being patient with my disappearances.

    Aliceson - It's so interesting that so many bloggers are reconsidering their blogs. I think we've all gotten so caught up in the readers that we've forgotten our original purpose. Perhaps it's time to get back to where we belong.

    All that said, I really am grateful for my readers. But just maybe, being more authentic will make the blog more attractive. If so, great! If not, I still have my purpose. Love to you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a wonderful feeling isn't it, to find something inside, organize your self/your clutter and just focus on something! GOOD FOR YOU! I think there's a ton of us who are dropping off with the blogging, so you are not alone! Wonderfully enjoyable post! And congrats on the job... sounds like a PERFECT fit!

    ReplyDelete