Back in February, I was given the Stylish Blogger Award from Phyllis at All Things Beautiful blog. Thank you, Phyllis!
In March, Sheri over at What's On the Menu, passed on the Incredibly Sweet Blog Award. Thank you my dear friend!
And today, Bernie at One Mixed Bag, passed along the Versatile Blogger Award. Thank you, Bernie!
I really love that people like my blog. I know that I can be rather "alternative". It's good to know that even a freaky, radical-unschooling, Jewish-atheist, Paleo eating woman can be accepted in the bloggy world. Who knew?!
Now let's see if I can follow the rules. Being a radical unschooler, I wouldn't count on it. ;-P
I'm supposed to share 7 random facts, 5 random facts and 7 random facts. That's a lot. Let's see how many I can come up with. I also think that 19 facts might be a bit much for you all to read. We'll see . . . you can always stop reading if you get bored.
- I am 46 years old and I have been married almost 9 years. It is my only marriage. It just took me a long time to find my soulmate. Of course, I'm number 3 for the Lizard King. See?! The third time is a charm!
- I was born in Philadelphia and lived in that area until I was 30. Then I moved to Oregon after falling in love with Portland on a weekend work visit. I met LK here in Portland at work.
- We were married in Delray Beach, Florida.
- Not long after we were married, the company we worked for was taken over in a hostile takeover. We both lost our jobs. We then decided to move to Georgia, just outside Atlanta, (long story) where we had Princess. We lived there for 2 years, but it wasn't for us and we missed Portland. We moved back here when Princess was 1.
- I had my nose done when I was 15.
- I don't miss anything about the Philadelphia area. It may sound strange, but breaking away from my life there was the best thing I've ever done. I was stuck. I'm no longer stuck.
- When I met LK I told him that I didn't cook (after he saw my empty fridge). He took that to mean that I didn't know how. He was stunned when I started cooking after we moved to Georgia. I never said I couldn't cook!
- I'm 5' 3". 160 cm or 1.6 meters for you folks outside the U.S.
- Before meeting LK, I was in the process of donor insemination. I was determined to have a child. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I had a lot of infertility issues.
- After LK and I had been trying for a while, the specialists told us my chances of getting pregnant were about 3% . . . 1% chance of the pregnancy being viable.
- I've pretty much lost my Philly accent.
- I have 2 sisters, 1 stepsister and a stepbrother.
- I have a stepson, daughter-in-law and granddaughter.
- My first car was an electric blue Sebring Satellite Plus. I loved that car.
- Being a mom to Princess is the best job in the world!
- I am head over heels in love with my husband.
- I believe in the Law of Attraction
- I want to bring more Jewish celebrations into our life . . . in a humanist/secular way. I'll try to post about them as we celebrate.
- I wish I was as organized as I used to be. I was awesome. Now, not so much.
Hah! I did it! Now to pass on the awards.
I think I'll choose my top three favorite blogs who have not received any of these awards. So, Phyllis, Sheri and Bernie are out of it. There are so many blogs that I love. Oh, and please choose which award you'd like. (See, I just can't follow the rules.) Here goes!
Denise at Mom in Madison
Jessica at Winding Circle Lifeschool
Jessica at Musing of a Practicing Momma
You ladies all rock!