Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday Garden Club

What an amazing weekend to work in the garden take photos of the Lizard King, working in the garden! There was this strange fireball in the sky. I'm not exactly sure what it was, but it sure made it feel warmer.


We had 12 yards of dirt delivered Friday. It took up 2/3 of the street. That's a lot of dirt!

So far, two days of shoveling . . .

and wheel-barrowing. LK had the dirt delivered on the side of the house. He then removed the fence panel and transported the dirt down hill. Brilliant!!!

After a lot of work, he filled all six beds.
The railing around the garden will support a fence to keep the dogs out.

Princess was on hand to help, with her own Princess size shovel.

Never known to sit around doing nothing, while waiting for the dirt to arrive, LK worked on the deck.


LK plans to do some more work in the evenings, but will take next weekend off. At least that's the plan. The man never stops!

Now head on over to Aliceson's, Feet Off the Table, to see what's happening in gardens everywhere.

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful oasis you guys are creating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sherry! We're working on it bit by bit. I have a feeling this may take years until it's finished. That's okay . . . LK likes projects. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is what I need...new dirt (and someone to shovel it all for me!). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Someone has been busy! I just love all those boxes! Now, what to plant???

    ReplyDelete
  5. denise, I'd let you borrow LK, but it's a little too much of a commute. ;-P

    We're putting together a list of what to plant. We have so much space this time!! Of course, not quite the space you have... but we're really happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a LOT more space than I have with just that stair stepped bed! :) And I don't get that kind of direct sun exposure like it looks like you will get (my yard has a 2 1/2 story house on each side). It looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aliceson, LK has been quite busy. I wish I could take any credit at all.

    denise, we do get a lot of direct sun. The last house we had very little space and very little sun. It certainly made it challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The beds are really coming along now:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - this garden is going to look amazing when done.
    And you are right - there are alot of similarities between your 50 yr old LK and my 51 year old hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a gorgeous yard. How exciting. It's really coming along. :D

    I was expecting to see a pink shovel in Princess' hands...hehehe. So cute that she was out there giving her Dad a hand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are coming along, aren't they, Jessica! My work begins in a couple of weeks. I don't think I can come close to LK's productiveness.

    Cate, yes, I am seriously impressed with LK's design. I had no idea what was in his head. I need to learn to just trust him. I always get nervous with new projects. I know I shouldn't.

    We do love our yard, Sheri. I wish I was a better landscape designer. We've been watching landscape design shows and I sit and wonder how I get them to come here. I really should just leave it to LK. His ideas are brilliant! As for Princess, I don't think we've ever seen a pink shovel. If we did, I'm sure we would own it. ;-P

    ReplyDelete