- I let my daughter eat cookies before dinner.
- I head up to bed when I'm tired and ask Princess (age 6) if she's coming up with me or if she is coming up later. I let her stay up late and sleep in when she needs to.
- I let Princess make her own decisions about what Village Home classes she will take. For that matter, she chooses whether she goes to Village or not. If she's up late at night, I ask her if she wants me to wake her in the morning to go to class.
- I need to have the house in order, picked up, clean. So I keep the house in order, picked up and clean. Princess helps sometimes, but it's her choice.
- I let my daughter watch as much TV as she wants and play video games for as long as she wants. Interestingly enough, she doesn't spend all day watching TV and playing video games.
- My daughter jumps on the bed and the couch. Our bed and couch have both survived beautifully!
- I let Princess express her anger and sadness in public. I don't stifle her emotions.
- Princess sleeps where she wants. Currently we co-sleep but she talks about moving into her own room.
- I let my daughter sleep in her clothes, if she chooses...which she does often.
- Although I prefer hand made, locally produced toys made from natural materials, Princess chooses the toys we buy.They are her toy so it is her choice.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
I am THAT mom.
Impromptu Unschooling blog carnival. Please, feel free to join in!